Learn how to make mozzarella and a variety of other pasta filata (stretched curd cheeses) entirely from scratch – and best of all – you can easily do it in your home kitchen!
Mozzarella cheese as we know it is being assaulted by the modern food industry into a shortcut product that is nothing like its traditional form. The consequences are much more than a lack of flavor and character. Our body deals with these imposters in completely different ways than it does with real cheese.
Making cheese, really high quality cheese, is something you can safely and easily do in your own home kitchen! If you think it is out of your reach, just remember that our ancestors have been making cheese for thousands of years using nothing more than clay pots, an open fire, and drain molds woven out of reeds. It is something you can most certainly do in your home kitchen with all of your pots, a reliable source of even heat, and a colander. The best way to learn is to dive in and get started – so, let’s make some cheese together!!
This Master Class will cover the basics of cheesemaking in a way that empowers you to begin to create your own stretched curd cheese including mozzarella and ricotta in your home! We will cover all the following steps:
- Handling both raw and pasteurized dairy safely,
- Sourcing the highest quality dairy possible and navigating the confusing grocery store dairy aisle,
- Obtaining essential tools and supplies for making stretched curd cheeses in your kitchen,
- Initiating and controlling the fermentation process with both raw and pasteurized milk,
- Cutting and draining curds,
- Making, using and storing cheese,
- Understanding the step-by-step process of making mozzarella (Fior di Latte) and ricotta cheese.
This course is the only thing standing between you and fresh nutrient-dense mozzarella, ricotta and other stretched curd cheeses using traditional methods in your own kitchen!
Here’s why former students have taken the course. Can you identify with any?
Have avoided dairy in general due to modern processing, want to use healthy methods, especially to make CHEESE!
Mostly for the nutritional value. I remember my grandmother making cheese and yogurt when I was very young, and wanted to one day make it myself. Should have learned long ago!
My 6 year old son eats dairy-free. He’s always had issues with his GI system as a result of dairy. I am interesting in learning more about his needs and seeing if there are ways that we can process our food to make it available to him.
Mostly to feed my family the most nutritious food possible. I’m skeptical about food from the grocery store and want to give my kids the best nutritional foundation that I can. Cooking is also a hobby for me and my kids.
We eat a lot of yogurt and enjoy quality cheeses!
I love dairy and want to continue eating it for the rest of my life without worrying about whether it’s good for me or not.
I’ve been on the path to making most of our nutrient dense food from scratch, and dairy is a piece of the puzzle that intimidates me the most.
Master Class includes:
- 4 Instructional Videos:
- On-Demand 1.5 hour long Master Class professionally filmed by Emmy award winning Director, Brandon Gulish,
- A webinar style video where Dr. Bill outlines the Prehistory and benefits of dairy; Earliest evidence of dairy; How ancestral groups around the world today are still fermenting dairy,
- A webinar style video where Dr. Bill describes our modern dairy consumption/production; It’s just like being in one of Dr. Schindler’s college classes!
- Watch as Dr. Bill walks you through all about the equipment necessary to make real cheese in your home kitchen and learn how you can use tools you already have in the equipment video!
- A Mozzarella & Ricotta Cheesemaking Workbook highlighting:
- Mozzarella Cheese technique, instructions and recipe,
- 2 techniques to “Cut the Curds,”
- Preparing 7%, 2% and Super Saturated Brines,
- Stretching the Curd,
- Ricotta cheese technique, instructions and recipe,
- Notetaking guide,
- Recommended equipment, ingredients and supplies,
- Relevant readings highlighting ancestral approaches to fermented dairy.
Did you know that most of the cheese in the grocery store is not REAL cheese? Yep -that’s right! This course will have you making REAL cheese for your family in no time! Wait till you taste the difference!