Join me for a start-to-finish approach to baking hand-built, real, traditional, long-fermented sourdough bread.
Whether you are keto, carnivore, vegan or still eat white sandwich bread, this course will show you the health benefits of real sourdough bread and break down the entire process so you can bake nutrient-dense sourdough in your own home kitchen!
As we know, the war on gluten has demonized practically any wheat-based food. However, not all breads are created equal! Breads made by hand using a long, slow fermentation that utilizes wild bacteria and yeasts transform the difficult and dangerous to digest grains into nutrient dense, bioavailable, delicious bread.
Real sourdough breads made this way are more easily digested and offer more nutritional value and I can teach you how to make them!
This introductory, on-demand course will cover the entire process to make successful sourdough loaves in your home oven from:
- Sourcing high-quality ingredients and essential bread-making tools for your kitchen,
- Harnessing hyper-local bacteria and yeast to start your own mother culture,
- Maintaining sourdough culture and using leftover mother,
- Mixing, autolysing, folding, and scaling,
- Pre-shaping and shaping dough,
- Scoring and baking your hand built sourdough loaves in your home oven, and
- Learning to control variables such as temperature and hydration to develop strategies to incorporate sourdough bread baking into YOUR schedule, so it can become a sustainable part of your cooking routine.
This course is the only thing standing between you and the ability to bake nourishing, healthy loaves of sourdough bread for yourself and your family so you can #eatlikeahuman again!
Check out why former students have taken this course. Maybe one reason lands with you?
First of all….to become more sustainable and self sufficient. I grow the majority of my plant based diet organically and with heirloom seeds. I purchase raw milk, grass fed beef and pork, and also eat wild game when I can get it. I purchase organic, pastured eggs from a friend. I have gluten sensitivities and have tried to bake with alternative flours and I don’t like the textures or flavors. I am Italian and was raised on pasta, good bread, cheese and wine, so this is something that I would like to put back into my diet!
Looking for healthier alternatives to the bread available commercially
As a parent, grandparent and senior citizen, I am interested in healthy eating practices for my family. As I age, I continue to research nutrition that will promote healthy living and quality of life. My son-in-law has begun to bake sourdough bread and I like the way I feel after I eat it. There is definitely a difference from store-bought breads.
I love bread!! The taste. The smell. Community/relationships involved with breaking bread together. My mom made homemade bread when I was a little girl. That was a treat! I removed grains from my diet after learning about the protective layer they have that isn’t necessarily good for our guts (not to mention the spike in blood sugars). I would love to produce something (with my own 2 hands) in Harmony with nature and my values and beliefs. I would love to offer a piece of my heart as I share bread (once again with others) and have confidence that what I’m sharing with them is as nutrient dense as it could be.
I am interested in both the history and science behind sourdough bread and how we can incorporate it into our curriculum.
From a personal standpoint, I developed a sensitivity to gluten as an adult and have to limit my consumption quite a bit. Our family eats local and quite healthy, but many of the grain products (which my kids love) aren’t very high quality, and might be detrimental to their growth and development. Simply put, if we are going to eat bread, I want to make sure that it is as nutritious and healthy as possible.
I LOVE bread, yet I had to give it up because I am diabetic, I want to try making this sourdough and see how it effects my glucose level.
I want to keep my family healthy and know how much processed food causes inflammation, disease, and early death
Part of what’s important is the novelty of learning something new that has a practical and healthy application. Also, like most, I’ve always loved bread. But unlike most, I rarely eat it. Knowing that the ingredients of the sourdough are healthy and nourishing is motivating factor. To eat bread occasionally without the thought of ingesting unknown, potentially harmful ingredients is comforting. And I want to be an example for my family.
Our family would love to eat bread again. Currently, we only eat bread when we can get it from Serenity Farm Bread where it is properly prepared and baked in their wood-fired oven.
A better alternative for my family, when they are here. They all love toast and sandwiches. I love baking, though I don’t do as much of it any more like I used to. This is a skill I can hopefully pass down to our kids.
Master Class includes
- 4 Instructional Videos:
- On-Demand 1.5 hour Master Class professionally filmed by Emmy award winning Director, Brandon Gulish.
- A webinar style video that outlines the Prehistory of bread; Earliest evidence of bread; Agricultural/Neolithic Revolution; Modern bread/yeast; Role of sourdough today. Just like being in one of Dr. Schindler's college classes!
- An informational video that takes you behind the scenes of a grocery store bread aisle to uncover real sourdough bread.
- Watch as Dr. Bill walks you through all about the equipment necessary to bake sourdough bread in your home kitchen and learn how you can use tools you already have in the equipment video!
- A Sourdough Workbook highlighting:
- Sourdough Mother Recipe
- How to Maintain a Sourdough Mother Culture
- Sourdough Pancake Recipe
- Sourdough Bread Recipe (perfected during our year abroad in Ireland)