Welcome to our Virtual Fermented Dairy Classroom!
I am really excited to share with you how to make real, probiotic rich yogurt, butter and kefir plus fresh mozzarella and ricotta cheese for your family! Not only will it taste delicious and be healthier than anything you can get in the store, I guarantee it will put a dent in your weekly grocery bill too. By the end of the class, you’ll be able to handle both raw and pasteurized dairy safely, control the fermentation process, make both Mesophilic and Thermophilic yogurt, cut and drain curds & grains, and make fresh cheese!
This online portal will serve as the vehicle for our virtual classroom. Each week, we will post all materials in this online classroom for easy access. Live courses will be on Zoom and the links will be emailed to you and posted here as well in the respective week.
All classes are recorded and will be uploaded in each week’s classroom so you can come back and rewatch after class. Remember, you have lifetime access to all content.
Week 1 To-Do List:
- Download and print the Week 1 Fermented Dairy Workbook.
- Complete the pre-course survey, so we can learn a little more about you and your experience working with fermented dairy plus understand exactly what you are hoping to learn in the course so we can tailor the instruction to meet your individual needs!
- Take a moment to create a goal for yourself after completing this course using the Goal Tool in the Week 1 workbook.
- If you use social media, join our private Facebook group. We understand that some of you might not be on Facebook and that is ok. This is a great way for you to post photos of your progress and I can help guide you plus we can learn from one another
- Watch the pre-recorded videos (in next pages) and read the selected readings, so you can get the critical background information on the archaeological and anthropology history to dairy in our diets and it’s impact on our evolution. It will feel like you are back in college 😉
- Watch the video outlining the equipment needed for the class. Unlike prior classes where we were able to create an Amazon cart for you, you will need to purchase supplies from specific suppliers since these items are specialized. This is the perfect time to order since you have a week before we go live!
- Complete the Week 1 reflection tool after watching the videos and completing the readings.
- Post your take-aways or ah-ha moments from the readings and videos in the private Facebook group. Respond to at least 2 other people’s to start the conversation with our fellow fermenters and cheese-makers!