Bread and butter, thousands of years in the making!
Stop feeling guilty about your morning bread and butter. Learn how our ancestors enjoyed the most delicious and nutritious bread and butter. Don’t miss your chance to learn how to make real, slow-fermented sourdough bread and fermented butter! A perfect #EatLikeaHuman combination! Bundle both the Fermented Dairy On-Demand Master Class plus the Sourdough Bread Making On-Demand Master Class together and have fresh bread and butter in your home in just a matter of days!
By purchasing both classes together, you will learn:
The basics of dairy fermentation that will empower you to begin to create your own clabber, fermented butter, kefir, butter milk plus Mesophilic and Thermophilic yogurt in your home! We will cover all the following steps:
- Sourcing the highest quality dairy possible and navigating the confusing grocery store dairy aisle,
- Obtaining essential tools and supplies for fermenting dairy in your kitchen,
- Handling both raw and pasteurized dairy safely,
- Initiating and controlling the fermentation process with both raw and pasteurized milk,
- Making both Mesophilic and Thermophilic yogurt,
- Separating the butter fat and butter milk from fermented cream,
- Draining and transferring kefir grains to fresh milk,
- Understanding the step-by-step process of making clabber, kefir, fermented butter, plus 2 types of yogurts!
The entire process to make successful sourdough loaves in your home oven from:
Sourcing high-quality ingredients and essential bread-making tools for your kitchen,
Harnessing hyper-local bacteria and yeast to start your own mother culture,
Maintaining sourdough culture and using leftover mother,
Mixing, autolysing, folding, and scaling,
Pre-shaping and shaping dough,
Scoring and baking your hand built sourdough loaves in your home oven, and
Learning to control variables such as temperature and hydration to develop strategies to incorporate sourdough bread baking into YOUR schedule, so it can become a sustainable part of your cooking routine.
8 Instructional Videos:
- On-Demand Fermented Dairy 1.5 hour long Master Class professionally filmed by Emmy award winning Director, Brandon Gulish
- A webinar style video where Dr. Bill outlines the Prehistory and benefits of dairy; Earliest evidence of dairy; How ancestral groups around the world today are still fermenting dairy;
- A webinar style video where Dr. Bill describes our modern dairy consumption/production; It’s just like being in one of Dr. Schindler’s college classes!
- Watch as Dr. Bill walks you through all about the equipment necessary to ferment dairy in your home kitchen and learn how you can use tools you already have in the equipment video!
- On-Demand Sourdough Bread Baking 1.5 hour Master Class professionally filmed by Emmy award winning Director, Brandon Gulish
- A webinar style video that outlines the Prehistory of bread; Earliest evidence of bread; Agricultural/Neolithic Revolution; Modern bread/yeast; Role of sourdough today. Just like being in one of Dr. Schindler’s college classes!
- An informational video that takes you behind the scenes of a grocery store bread aisle to uncover real sourdough bread.
- Watch as Dr. Bill walks you through all about the equipment necessary to bake sourdough bread in your home kitchen and learn how you can use tools you already have in the equipment video!
2 Instructional Workbooks
A Fermented Dairy Workbook highlighting:
- Kefir Recipe
- Mesophilic Yogurt Recipe
- Thermophilic Yogurt Recipe
- Fermented Butter Recipe
- Recommended equipment, ingredients and supplies
- Relevant readings highlighting ancestral approaches to fermented dairy
A Sourdough workbook featuring:
- Sourdough Mother Recipe
- How to Maintain a Sourdough Mother Culture
- Sourdough Pancake Recipe
- Sourdough Bread Recipe (perfected during our year abroad in Ireland)
This course is the only thing standing between you and the ability to eat fresh bread and butter that YOU made later this week in your own kitchen!
Here’s why former students have taken this class. Can you relate?
- I’ve always been very health conscientious. In the past few years, I’ve really been working to have a stronger connection with my food and the landscape that it comes from. At first, it was about purchasing organic foods, and then it became about eating locally. Now, I’m really interested in food processing and preparation. If I make more of my food, I can control what goes in to it, as well as how it is utilized by my family. That is exciting to me!
- Mostly to feed my family the most nutritious food possible. I’m skeptical about food from the grocery store and want to give my kids the best nutritional foundation that I can. Cooking is also a hobby for me and my kids.
- Part of what’s important is the novelty of learning something new that has a practical and healthy application. Also, like most, I’ve always loved bread. But unlike most, I rarely eat it. Knowing that the ingredients of the sourdough are healthy and nourishing is motivating factor. To eat bread occasionally without the thought of ingesting unknown, potentially harmful ingredients is comforting. And I want to be an example for my family.
- I’ve been on the path to making most of our nutrient dense food from scratch, and dairy is a piece of the puzzle that intimidates me the most.
- I LOVE bread, yet I had to give it up because I am diabetic, I want to try making this sourdough and see how it effects my glucose level.
- From a personal standpoint, I developed a sensitivity to gluten as an adult and have to limit my consumption quite a bit. Our family eats local and quite healthy, but many of the grain products (which my kids love) aren’t very high quality, and might be detrimental to their growth and development. Simply put, if we are going to eat bread, I want to make sure that it is as nutritious and healthy as possible.
What are you waiting for? Sign-up now and start learning to #EatLikeaHuman!