Learn how simple it is to make real, delicious cheese in your home kitchen!
Mozzarella cheese as we know it is being assaulted by the modern food industry into a shortcut product that is nothing like its traditional form. The consequences are much more than a lack of flavor and character. Our body deals with these imposters in completely different ways than it does with real cheese.
Learn how to make mozzarella and a variety of other pasta filata, or stretched curd cheeses, entirely from scratch – and best of all, it is a process that can be replicated in your own home kitchen!
This introductory, on-demand course will cover the basics of cheesemaking in a way that empowers you to begin to create your fresh mozzarella and ricotta cheese in your home kitchen! We will cover all the following steps:
- Understanding the step-by-step process of making mozzarella (Fior di Latte) and ricotta cheese.
- Cutting and draining curds,
- Making, using and storing cheese.
Sourcing the highest quality dairy possible and navigating the confusing grocery store dairy aisle,
Obtaining essential tools and supplies for fermenting dairy in your kitchen,
Handling both raw and pasteurized dairy safely,
Initiating and controlling the fermentation process with both raw and pasteurized milk.
- 4 Instructional Videos:
- On-Demand hour long Master Class professionally filmed by Emmy award winning Director, Brandon Gulish
- A webinar style video where Dr. Bill outlines the Prehistory and benefits of dairy; Earliest evidence of dairy; How ancestral groups around the world today are still fermenting dairy;
- A webinar style video where Dr. Bill describes our modern dairy consumption/production; It’s just like being in one of Dr. Schindler’s college classes!
- Watch as Dr. Bill walks you through all about the equipment necessary to make real cheese in your home kitchen and learn how you can use tools you already have in the equipment video!
- A Mozzarella & Ricotta Cheese Workbook highlighting:
- Mozzarella Cheese technique, instructions and recipe,
- 2 techniques to “Cut the Curds,”
- Preparing 7%, 2% and Super Saturated Brines,
- Stretching the Curd,
- Ricotta cheese technique, instructions and recipe,
- Notetaking guide,
- Recommended equipment, ingredients and supplies,
- Relevant readings highlighting ancestral approaches to fermented dairy.
Did you know that most of the cheese in the grocery store is not REAL cheese? Yep -that’s right! This course will have you making REAL cheese for your family in no time! Wait till you taste the difference!
Here’s how former students have answered the question, “Why is learning to how to ferment dairy important to you?” Can you relate?
- Have avoided dairy in general due to modern processing, want to use healthy methods, especially to make CHEESE!
- Mostly for the nutritional value. I remember my grandmother making cheese and yogurt when I was very young, and wanted to one day make it myself. Should have learned long ago!
- My 6 year old son eats dairy-free. He’s always had issues with his GI system as a result of dairy. I am interesting in learning more about his needs and seeing if there are ways that we can process our food to make it available to him.
- Mostly to feed my family the most nutritious food possible. I’m skeptical about food from the grocery store and want to give my kids the best nutritional foundation that I can. Cooking is also a hobby for me and my kids.
- We eat a lot of yogurt and enjoy quality cheeses
- I love dairy and want to continue eating it for the rest of my life without worrying about whether it’s good for me or not.
- I’ve been on the path to making most of our nutrient dense food from scratch, and dairy is a piece of the puzzle that intimidates me the most.