Join Dr. Bill Schindler on a journey through the world of fermented vegetables!
Lacto-fermentation is one of the most important food processing technologies our ancestors ever created! Not only does it have the power to make plants safer and more nutritious, but it also enhances the flavor, aroma and texture of our food. Just think about the difference between raw cabbage and delicious, probiotic sauerkraut.
This class will cover the basics of lacto-fermentation including:
- Sourcing high-quality ingredients and essential fermentation equipment for your kitchen,
- The basics of lacto-fermented vegetables,
- Recipe development and execution,
- Prepping vegetables, scaling ingredients, initiating and controlling fermentation,
- Fermenting whole vegetables (such as carrots which are perfect for school lunches), and cut up vegetables such as cabbage for sauerkraut and kimchi
You’ll leave prepared with multiple ferments to start bubbling on your counter to help nourish your family!
If you can’t make it to Maryland – don’t worry! Dr. Schindler has a prerecorded one for you to view now.
Leave a Reply